Beethoven's Fifth Time Signals

There was some discussion on the Old-Time Radio mailing list about some
stations that used the first four notes of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony as
the time signal at the top of the hour during World War II.

And I remembered that, back in the mid-1960s, when I was in school in
Amherst, WTIC radio and the old WTIC-TV (Channel 3) were using the
Beethoven's Fifth time signals.  Does anyone know whether WTIC still uses
the Beethoven's Fifth signal?  If not, does anyone know when they stopped
using it?

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/