TV Reception In S.Portland

Last night(8/8) I was visiting a friend in S.Portland ME. She does not have
cable TV,so it was interesting to see some over the air reception.A few
notes/questions:                       CH 35,which is a UPN affiliate,also
shows WB shows,they were running promos for 7TH Heaven and Buffy The
Vampire Slayer,which ran back to back at 6 and 7PM last night.Are they
officially a secondary WB affiliate? Also,isn't there a CH 23 due to sign
on soon in Waterville? I thought I saw something about this posted here
some time back,and that they are to be a WB affiliate.CH 35 also had the
Red Sox game last night.Do they carry all of the games from 68 or just some
here and there,as WCSH CH 6 used to do when they were part of the Sox TV
network.                                            Around 11PM,flipping
through the TV dial,I got a decent signal from WVII CH 7 in Bangor,as well
as a similar signal from WMED CH 12 in Orono.Got a very snowy
picture,barely watchable,from WABI CH 5 in Bangor.Tried,but did not get
WLBZ CH 2 in Bangor.Can any of our Maine residents in our group(Dan
Billings perhaps) comment on whether it is unusual to receive these Bangor
signals in S.Portland? BTW,reception was on the first floor,antenna was
rabbit ears with a fine tuning knob on top of the set.

    Mark Watson