Re: WLVI CH 56

At 10:44 PM 8/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I wonder why Channel 5 gave the WB 56 folks a studio--- channel 7 is closer
>in terms of location...  meanwhile, it will be interesting to see if any

Space?  How much studio space does 7 have and how much does 'CVB have?
The studio that WCVB lent them does *not* seem like a large space, from
what we saw during the broadcast, plus the footage they showed of set-up.
An interesting question is, _other than news origination_, what studio
space is available for each station and what does it get used for?  Promos,
for one, but what else?

Wild ass guess (as always!) is that WCVB had the space available
immediately, or that 56 had ties to NECN that made it easier than would be
the case with the other stations about town.  Also, if you saw the
newscast, it went on a bit about the logistical problems of moving to a new
studio;  if they couldn't find parking around Government Center for their
Ryder trucks, that would make the lesser distance moot.  Whereas with WCVB
one just has to drive south and turn right to 128 to the Needham towers.

Dave