Re: WLVI Update

At 10:32 PM 8/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>England Cable News who provided a live truck to aid in receiving a feed
>from WPIX CH 11 in New York for their afternoon WB cartoon block.They also
Gotta have those Animaniacs...all is right with the world for my five-year
old nephew. :)

>mentioned that most other Boston broadcast outlets offered help or
>equipment.So it should be interesting to see how they will handle what may
>be an extended closing of their studio building.A few minor glitches,but
>overall the 10 O'Clock news seems to be going off without a hitch.BTW,the
They're probably thrilled to have it going at all on such short notice.  As
another poster suggested earlier, Karen Marinella did lead off the newscast
with "...this time we *are* the news".

I noted a *lot* of the opening footage came from WBZ;  Jeff Barnd's cutaway
was excerpted from another station's newscast;  the TD was a little late in
cutting back to Jeff, I thought I heard "...this is <so and so> for
W<something>-TV".
(Damn me for not taping it! :()

>graphics seem to be the same as CH5's news graphics,and the weather map
>seems to look somewhat like Dick Albert's.  Mark Watson

Answers my question of what they would do for CG.  It's just what you would
expect if you had to work with someone else's machine on very short notice.
  At least WCVB's logo didn't make its way to air. :)

Did you see the segment later on when Jeff had the CE on, suggesting
(optimistically) they might be back up Thursday?

Dave