Re: Rock 101 off the air Saturday?

(climbing into my flame-proof suit)
Why are members of this list railing on Capstar? I do not work for
them,nor do I own their stock,BTW. It seems to me that stations being
off the air is bad business,and backup power would allow the stations to
keep generating (what's the magic word?)REVENUE. I am no fan of Capstar,
but...
a. It is their station,they may do as they please.

b. Capstar knows business, and good engineering practices -are- good
business

c.  I must admit to a grudging admiration for an operator that can run
so many radio stations so profitably (My opinions on the station's
programming are another matter)

d. Capstar may give short shrift to talent and localism,but they excel
in running a business--how many of us have worked for dying stations
where paychecks bounced,or vital equipment was down due to lack of
funds? This doesn't happen on their watch.

 I look at it this way,just because a station is  down a bit doesn't
necessarily  mean it's in poor shape engineering-wise. Sometimes S---
happens,and all the backups on the planet can't change that.

Eric