Gus Saunders

     I would say that Gus Saunders is probably one of the longest
running (if not, THE longest running) on-air personality in the Boston
market.  He holds his age very well.  He sounds as great as ever.
     He, BTW, was the very FIRST voice of WNAC-TV (now WHDH-TV)
Channel 7 when that station signed-on with test pattern and tone, in
June of 1948.  I briefly spoke with him briefly several years ago
while he was being interviewed on WBET (1460) in Brockton, MA.  A very
nice gentleman, indeed.

     "This is television station WNAC-TV, Channel 7 in Boston,
Massachusetts.  Stand-by to tune......".  The test-pattern had the
words in the center circle "The Yankee Network" on it.

- -Pete

==