Re: 1610- house for sale..

PWerlin@aol.com said:

> I saw something strange recently -- I drove by a house for sale and there was
> a sign telling me to tune to 1610 to hear about it.  I  tried but it was just
> the usual noise.   I wasn't right in front of the house by that point.  What
> do they call that?

They are called "talking Houses" -- TRhat's the name of the
company that manufactures these transmitters/digital voice
recorders. A realtor puts one of these boxes in the house
that's for sale, voices a 60 second spot on the chip, sets
a frequency, runs a wire and the thing is set. The
transmitters pump out approximately 100 milliwatts, low
enough to be legal under current FCC regs.

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak