WCME now simulcasting WKCG

96.7 WCME is now simulcasting 101.3 WKCG Augusta.  I assume this means that
the sale of WCME to WKCG's owners has been completed.  WKCG is a country
station and has recently added live midday programming to the station's
lineup.  I think the station is now live from 5:30 am to 7 pm and running
satellite programming evenings and overnights.  WCME's signal overlaps a great
deal with WKCG, but it does add coverage in the midcoast area.  It is my
understanding that simulcasting was not the plan when the sale of WCME was
first announced.  I wonder if a different format will be put in place when
Cumulus completes their purchase of WKCG/WABK/WFAU.  WCME would actually be a
better simulcast partner for Cumulus' Bangor area country station 106.5 WQCB.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine