re: Age shouldn't matter in TV, ask Dorothy!

Then just 90 miles west of Boston...John Quill keeps on ticking at channel
22....and I believe Art Lake is still at WJAR in Providence.

I've been told that Lake has been at Channel 10 since day one as Quill has
been at 22 in Springfield.

Which leads to an interesting question....who has been on the air longest
now in Boston television?

My best guess would be John Henning going back to his Channel TWO days in
the early 60's.....since Don Gillis was finally forced into retirement
when Hearst beancounters broke the hearts of thousands and cancelled
candelpins, and Jack Hynes is doing little at WLVI.

My best guess at each station.....

Channel 7
Garry Armstrong

Channel 5

Chet Curtis  (only holdover left from WHDH)

Channel 4

Henning......(does Shelby count?)......

(can't recall if Sanders and shaw have official retired)

In any event very few links to Boston's TV past left)