TIS 1610

FYI: The CAT (Central Artery-Tunnel Project) has added a new TIS Station at
1610AM in Boston's South End area to report the SE Expressway ramp/road
changes. No Calls yet that I've heard. Range (heading north) about 2.5
miles.

Question to Engineers in audience. On I-93 in the Somerville area, near the
WEZE tower, I pick up 2 stations at 1620AM. They are WEZE (590) and WBZ
(1030). Maybe I'm oversimplifying a complex engineering scheme, but
590+1030=1620! Is it a coincidence or is there some reason for this?

I am familiar with the 2x signal happening, 800-WCCM at 1600 on I-93 from
I-495 to River Rd, and 680-WRKO at 1360 (blowing out what little WLYN signal
might otherwise get through) at the Rte 128- Rte 3 Intersection in
Burlington, those being the 2 I run into most. The 'CCM 2x signal for about
1 mile, the 'RKO 2x signal for about 2 miles. But the 1620 signals baffle
me...

Again, this only occurs about 1-2 miles North/South on I-93, centered at the
Somerville-Boston line (beginning of deck split). Also, WBZ fades out first,
WEZE another mile or so later...

Just curious

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH