Re: why move Bruce???

Dan B wrote--
>  I also find it
>interesting when people claim age discrimination when part of the reason they
>originally got the job was because they were young and good looking.

First, in fairness to Bruce (who reads this list periodically), he is not
claiming anything.  I was the one (along with several other folks) who put
two and two together, based also on the published quotes of several WBZ-TV
execs.

Secondly, we have a long history (from way back in the radio days of E.B.
Rideout) of hiring meteorologists for their education and expertise rather
than their looks.  Harvey Leonard, no offence to him intended, is not young
and cute, imho, nor was he expected to be.  Neither are some of the other
meteorologists I have seen on local TV.  Bruce was not a radio person nor
did he come from TV, from what I know of his background.  He had been an
officer in the Navy, if I recall correctly, and he had extensive expertise
in science and meteorology when he was hired by WBZ.  His consistently high
ratings and his credible presentation have always spoken well of him.  I
still say he should not be moved, since he has done a good job and is
respected in this market.