Re: why move Bruce???

Mark wrote--
>Yes,it was Dr Fred Ward,who sued what was then WNAC CH 7 over his dismissal
>claming it was age discrimination.I do believe the verdict was in his
>favor,however I can't recall if he ever went back to CH 7 or if he got a
>monetary settlement.does anyone remember the outcome of this?

In 1980, I found that I was making $200 less a week than my ASSISTANT.  I
spoke to the GM who said to me that I shouldn't complain because I was
- -quote "making excellent money for a woman".  Now, at that point, I could
certainly have sued, but the truth is it would have been cost-prohibitive
(moi against a large corporation) and the chances are I would have gotten a
reputation as a troublemaker and never have been hired by anyone ever
again.  So, I decided not to sue, although I felt what was done to me was
very unfair.

It seems to me that in the real world, Bruce might be able to prove age
discrimination, but in the cut-throat world of media, if he did take the
issue to court, he might get a settlement some day years from now-- but for
sure it would impede his ability to get another job in the meantime...