Re: Today's LTAR

In a message dated 98-07-20 00:14:44 EDT, Sptseditor@aol.com writes:

<< I have a feeling that another reason for WJIB not being a network affiliate
is
 the number of newscasts which would have to be cleared. With USA, for
example,
 it was 50 a week; I'm sure it's a lot higher for any of the ABC networks and
 NBC/Mutual/Westwood One. >>

I was under the impression that as long as a station cleared the spots from
the newscasts in an equal or greater daypart from which they were scheduled,
that it could, concievably,  run NONE of the newscasts.  Even before WBZ was
owned by CBS, they were a CBS affiliate, but yet it runs none of their
newscasts, and ditto for ABC news, except for late nights.  Can anyone
clarify??

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks