Music licensing (was: Re: Music piped to gas pumps )

<<On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 09:33:42 EDT, Shawn Mamros <mamros@MIT.EDU> said:

> BMI - $31.25/month this year == $375/year
> ASCAP - somewhere in the $200-300/year range
> SESAC - roughly $75/year

> I have no idea how they arrive at those dollar figures.  Certainly it isn't
> based on our revenue or our budget - they've never asked for those figures...

I would guess that they are based on the market size.  They are
certainly giving you quite a break -- the mandatory license (available
only to NCE broadcasters) was $1000/year last I heard.  (Perhaps they
actually get that in New York.)

- -GAWollman

- --