Re: Spell-Check needed at WB

- -----Original Message-----
From: PWerlin@aol.com <PWerlin@aol.com>
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Date: Monday, July 13, 1998 11:21 PM
Subject: Spell-Check needed at WB

>I'd hate to start a big discussion over this, so I'll just comment and get
out
>of the way, but did anyone else watch the WB news at 10 tonight (ch 56 in
>Boston)?
>
>   The lead story was about the "gorry" discovery of a woman's body in
Central
>Mass .   They interviewed a State "Tropper".

That happens here in Florida, too.  They don't seem to care anymore. Then
again, how many misspellings have all of us seen right here in some of the
e-mail we see? As for me, hank God for a little pride in my work, my
spellchecker, and for my national magazine column (has nothing to do with
radio), my editor!

And remember: Today, the goal of many news shows is entertainment only.
Facts are not so important.  The days of accuracy in media are numbered in
many markets.  The shock value is far more important than the need to
inform.

Oh - one more thing.  After about 2 weeks of huge fires across much of
Florida, they ended.  Hardly ANYTHING about that was mentioned on radio, TV,
or in the papers!  But when the fires were raging, people were being
injured, and they were losing their homes, THAT was news.  Day after day,
night after night.  Ask the people who endured cameras being stuck against
their faces as reporters asked such questions as "How do you feel now that
the fire has destroyed your home?"

:) shel

- --WebTV-Mail-704053665-1472--