Re: Editorial Judgement (was CENSORSHIP on WBZ RADIO)

>Dan, to be correct, CENSORSHIP, is not just a government action.
>Any attempt to limit free speech in any form is CENSORSHIP.  [...]

Nope, sorry, Dan B. is right, at least as far as First Amendment-protected
rights goes.  (Mark this moment well, because it may be one of the few times
you see me agree with Dan B. on anything... :-)  If Lobel really feels his
"rights" are being infringed upon, he's perfectly free to go elsewhere
(modulo contractual obligations, which could be broken if he feels that
strongly about it).

No, I didn't hear the broadcast in question, but that's because I have
better things to do with my time than listen to that old windbag named
Bob Lobel.  IMO, his time has long since come and gone, if indeed it was
ever truly here.  He isn't fit to wash the jockstraps of the truly great
sports broadcasters and commentators out there, and his constant whining
and complaining on News 4 is a complete waste of time - the sooner WBZ
gets rid of him, the better, if you ask me.  But, to each their own,
I guess...

- -Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu