The future of CBS' cast-offs(was Delilah)

>Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:53:48 EDT
>From: FMradio1@aol.com

>There really isn't another FM frequency in Boston that would be a good fit
>with her sappy, schlocky music.  Maybe if one of the CBS cast-offs (93.7 or
>107.3) flips AC to take on MJX, then we may see Delilah "come home."

Greater Media has pretty much cornered off the AC-based formats in the
primary Boston market with WMJX(AC), WSJZ(Soft AC/New AC), and WROR(Gold AC).
You can even toss WBOS-FM into that pool -- 92.9 is basically your Modern AC(80's,
90's and today) format masquerading as a triple-A station. There may not be
enough room for everyone under the lucrative 25-54 umbrella.

IMO, the new owner(Hello, Entercom?) would be better off keeping 93.7 as a
rhythmic 70/80's classic rocker(just like Q104/NYC) by carving out a niche
in the 18-34 demo. As for 107.3, which will officially be
recognized as the "Boston" station come the fall book....a status quo.

- -Mark