re: RKO 4th

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998 Abyss5X5@aol.com wrote:

> Responding to the below message.  Why would RKO invite the competition on  the
> air?  does RKO get any benefit from have the competition?  No, of course not.
> It's just silly to suggest that Nelson, Adams, Dorman and Wright should
> participate.  Who cares if they're the originals.   Stop living in the past.
> RKO is not a 1960s radio station anymore.  Pehaps an invitation to join us in
> the 90s should be sent out to subscribers here.

Well, back in 1985, WROR did exactly that, having a "Rock & Roll Revival
Weekend" with a number of former WRKO and WMEX DJs.  I think they even
repeated it a few months later.  I don't know what motivated that event,
but perhaps the radio has changed since then, so that whatever reasons
existed then no longer apply.  Or maybe not.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/