Re: Boston's Newsradio Void

On 20 Jun 98, at 20:30, Steve & Barb Sawyer wrote:

>  I'd take ANY of Bruce Schwogler's (sp) forecasts (or,
> Don Kent or Barry Burbank's for that matter)  over most of the
> Accu-Weather folks any day.  Not only did the forecasters do a better job,
> but they mentioned central/western/northern New England
> situations/conditions.  Perhaps that's not needed nowadays with the
> Weather Channel, but at least it sounded good.

   You can add "New England Weather Bureau" to the accu-weather list!
The former WLYT and WHEB current receive(d) weather from these people.
For show prep I always relied upon the good 'ol A.P. As for WLYT well......
I would just look out the bathroom window!
   As for the weather channel, there have been many times I would hear
them say it was raining/windy just north of Boston, only one day to notice
a neighbor of mine sun tanning on her deck! Humm! So much for
technology. If it isn't local, I ignore it!

Take Care,

Roy Lawrence