Re: NESN's future in doubt....

<<On Thu, 2 Jul 1998 12:15:37 EDT, Dib9@aol.com said:

> What's the deal with NESN becoming a basic cable channel.  I seem to remember

> the $10 fee.  My understanding is that the same thing happened on other
> systems in Maine but that in Mass. most people are still paying for it?

I believe this has its origins in the dispute between the Sox and
their other NESN partners.  My understanding was that Fox wanted to
buy out the other two so that it could shut down NESN and force all of
NESN's coverage onto the basic-cable Fox Sports New England (formerly
SportsChannel).

- -GAWollman

- --