Re: NESN's future in doubt....

<<  The more one thinks about it, the Sox moving to NECN is a good fit for
 everyone. Sox fans no longer have to shell out $10 a month, casual fans
 might wander in...and NECN will be discovered by thousands who have it and
 don't even know it. FOX proved with the NFL that if you have something
 that people want to watch, they will find you. >>

What's the deal with NESN becoming a basic cable channel.  I seem to remember
reading something in the Globe about that last year and shortly after that my
local cable system added NESN to their expanded basic package and eliminated
the $10 fee.  My understanding is that the same thing happened on other
systems in Maine but that in Mass. most people are still paying for it?
What's the deal?

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine