Dr. euGene Scott/WHCT -TV18 (was Re: Garner Ted, etc).

     WHCT-TV, Channel 18...better known as "Faith Center, East" during
the Dr. Gene Scott days was quite the entertaining station, especially
when the good Doctor was in the midst of an FCC investigation on why
his licenses (KHOF-FM & TV, KVOF-TV and WHCT-TV)should NOT be revoked.
 I was a student at Westfield State College from 1978-1980 and was
able to watch the Doctor all the time.  No, I was NOT one of his
"converts" with my own "King's House". Hardly.  But, being in the
broadcasting frame of mind (in amidst the partying I enjoyed in those
days........YEAH !) I was very interested in the spectacle of "Hell,
no...we won't show (the books)" to the FCC.  Seems that the good Dr.
was alleged to use "church" funds for other reasons other than
"proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ".  Long story.  But a very
interesting one, at that !  Personally, I like the Doctor.  He shows
some real "spunk".  Maybe he is in the wrong profession.  HE is quite
entertaining.  Try his University Network on satellite or WWCR on
shortwave.  Never a dull moment.
:)

Peter Q. George
Yes, I survived the '70 s!

PARTY !!!! (but....slowly.)

- ---H Glazer <hmglaz@webtv.net> wrote:

> Donna, et al.:
>
> The most entertaining, for my money, is Dr. Gene Scott, the California
> preacher whose Faith Center used to program WHCT (Ch. 18) Hartford in
> the early '80s. I still have video of his hilarious takes on "Amazing
> Grace" and the Jimmie Rodgers classic "All Around the Water Tank," as
> well as his theories on the Pyramids.
>
> I hear him a lot on shortwave now, still soliciting donations and
still
> going off on tangents, but it's not the same.
>
> As I recall, Gene's father also used to preach with him. He died a
while
> back, I believe.
>
> Howard

==