Re: The Bose radio

Tony wrote--
>Apparently, there have been some labor disputes or strikes against Bose
>because I see these "Boycott Bose" bumperstickers everywhere. >

and Joe Ross ( I think) wrote--
> And, incidentally, in German, bose (with an umlaut over the o) means evil,
> wicked, etc.

Originally, the guy who founded the company wanted his name pronounced with
two syllables-- as in "BO- ZAY" and he used to have an accent mark over the
e.  All I know is that Paul Harvey raves out this product, and his
credibility has helped it to sell many many many of them.  As for labour
disputes, that is a rant I could certainly embark upon, given how many
companies have shipped American jobs to third world countries where
children do the assembly work-- but again, let's leave the discussion to
radio... <gg>