Re: Symphony Sid

Bill Buchanan, who used to write for the Record and then for the Globe,
told me the funniest part about Symphony Sid was he was on the air in NY
and also in Boston, and he would sometimes get his call letters mixed up or
use the wrong ones for the station he was on at the time...

Do you remember Sabby Lewis?  I am told he was the first black d.j. in
Boston, but not many recollections about him have surfaced on this list-- I
have all sorts of listings from the early to mid 50s that show he WAS on
the air, but I'd love to hear from people who remember him...