Re: ABC FM Network

My college station,  WMWM (91.7)  in Salem, MA,
used  to run the ABC FM Network news in the
early 80s. I believe we picked up the feed from
WLYN in Lynn. It was dropped rather suddenly for
some reason. I think we did have to pot it down
(we had round pots, not sliders then ---though
some folks still call 'em pots) and substitute a PSA
for an ad.
By the way, while driving on a trip recently in Western
New York, I was surprised to hear stations at
88.5 and 88.7 running real "ads". Then I discovered
that the stations were from Ontario. I suppose
Canada has no restrictions on the left part of the
FM band regarding commercials, as we do?