Re: NH TV News

Ed Brouder wrote:
> WNDS TV distributed press releases today announcing the hiring of former
> WMUR news director Jack Heath as VP of news.  Channel 50 plans to begin a
> half hour evening newscast starting in September.
Is this going to be a 10 PM news? if so,I wonder ratings wise how it will
fare against all the Boston UHF 10PM newscasts,all of which are carried in
Manchester/Nashua/Concord areas via cable.They did a 10PM news when they
first signed on in 1983,but if I recall they pulled the plug on it not even
a year later.WGOT,CH 60 had a 10PM news for a while in the early 90's,but
was dumped due to money problems.I also wonder if CH 50 has the money
needed to make a go of this,recalling their quashed sale and breif fling
with home shopping that flushed just about all their audience and
advertisers away.Any speculations as to names of anchors/reporters? 2 folks
I'll bet you'll see as part of this newscast are:Al Kaprellian with CH 50
High Energy Weather,and Dick Lutsk with sports.
                                                 Mark Watson