Re: WJIB-AM Program Developments

At 10:30 PM 6/20/98 EDT, you wrote:

>Why not?? No one else does it. Better wake-up, Boston and other major cities
>have foreign language audiences that spend money. Boston radio is made up of
>English speaking stations, with a couple of Spanish stations for good measure,
>He may be on to something here.

I think he's onto something all right, but it's NOT true that WJIB has no
competition in Chinese programming. Multi-ethnic WBPS (890) runs a Chinese
block every weekday, and at least part of it runs opposite WJIB's. When the
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM slot falls after sunset in the Winter, I have a feeling
that WJIB's 5W reach more Asian-Americans than WBPS's 3400W do--maybe more.
There are large Asian communites is Allston-Brighton and Lexington as well
as downtown Boston. I think WJIB covers these areas better than WBPS does.
So WJIB's magnificent night signal is probably an advantage!

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205