Re: Bruins

>Though it was leagues ahead of thee infamous "Sportsfinal,"
>run out of scenic East Boston, Massachusetts.  I remember
>getting my head practically ripped off by the show's
>producer/owner when I called in to bitch about the satellite
>feed not coming through.  They were so cheap, they must have
>leased satellite time by the minute (rimshot.)

Ah, Tom Starr of Talk America. Many a person has come through
with stories of his frugality and his nonpayment of employees.
He screwed Bill Newell (now of WESX in Salem and Kelly
Communications) out of a lot of money, if the stories I heard
are correct.

Sean Smyth
Sports editor, Community Newspaper Company
150 Baker Avenue Extension
Concord, Mass.   01742
Phone: (978) 371-5741
Fax: (978) 371-9058