Re: WJIB-AM Program Developments

In a message dated 98-06-18 21:54:07 EDT, sven@lily.org writes:

<<  heard Bob Bittner's sister WJTO in Bath when
 I was in Portland last summer. That's where I heard
 Let's Talk About Radio for the first time. I finally
 had found "The Perfect Station".

 So what is the story with the new leased access
 Chinese programming on the weeknights? Does Bittner
 _really_ need the money that badly to keep the
 little stations afloat? Can the situation be really that
 bad? >>

Response from Jibguy:

Not in dire straits..  just raising some cash for future broadcasting
endeavors.  May even go to FM someday!!!    Besides: weekdays 22 hours a day
of WJIB-music isn't bad; plus the 10 hours (nights) on weekends.     And for
those who want to hear WJIB music on weekends, who also vacation in Maine (a
lot of our audience does), WJTO's weekends (excepting 2 hours) are all MUSIC
(along with CNN News).   My intent is to NOT broker any more time than what is
done now, on either WJIB or WJTO.    So that's the story.
- ----jibguy