Re: WNEW's new format stance

In a message dated 98-06-18 16:27:56 EDT, Bossmsx@aol.com writes:

<< Is it just me, or will WNEW now be posing a threat to co-owned WXRK?? I
dunno, I just find it kinda funny that CBS wouldn't protect "K-Rock" and its
position
 in the market.>>

I don't think that WNEW and K-Rock will threaten eachother by the time the
dust settles.  WXRK has been moving in more of an Active Rock direction, very
similar to WAAF and sister station WYSP-Philadelphia.  WNEW, if they go more
alternative will skew older, possibly targeting 25 to 44 males, while XRK
continues to go for 18 to 34 males.  I think that NEW will eventually fall
somewhere in between the heavy rock on WXRK, and the classic stuff on WAXQ.
BTW, PD Garry Wall is saying there will be "no" music changes at WNEW with O &
A coming aboard.  Yeah, right.

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks