The late John Masters

I knew John, and over the last months of his life, we shared many lengthy
phone conversations.  In this age of super egos in radio, John's ego was the
antithesis to his big, booming voice.

I have posted a few notes on him at the Big 68 Remembered Site, where there
is also an aircheck or two of him.

John told me that he knew his time was coming up soon, although he sounded
extremely uptempo, warm, and optimistic.  Please folks, stop making excuses,
and STOP SMOKING, NOW!  Cigars can kill you as well.  John died of cancer,
and worked many years in newsrooms which were, according to John, wave after
wave of thick cigarette smoke

Having known him as I did, I feel he would like to know that his death from
cancer might at least spur some of you on to action.

John was anything but a morose gentleman, so I won't vent my tears here. But
there are so many god people whom we have not thanked for their years of
service - regardless of which business they are or were in!  THANK THEM
BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!  Begin with your own parents.  I know.

Rest in peace,  Mr.. Burgomaster.  We truly love you. I believe that you are
with the Father right now, as a result of your faith.

Thanks,

Shel Swartz

WRKO/The Big 68 Remembered!
Give us a hit!  We're FUN!