Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 6/18: Dame Media Is Sold

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Scott D Fybush wrote:

> NERW idly wonders: what will drivers hear in the underground
> Central Artery when the Big Dig is finished?

A giant sucking sound from their wallets, no doubt.

And speaking of giant sucking sounds...

> As it's done the past few years, WRKO will use its talk hosts as
> prerecorded jocks when it goes back to music for a day July 4.
> Say goodbye to W288AX (105.5) in Lubec.  Dudman Broadcasting asked the
> FCC to delete the construction permit from its records.

Incidentally, Dudman Broadcasting is the licensee of nostalgia WDEA
(1370 AM)/oldies WWMJ (95.7 FM) Ellsworth.  The latter station hosted
"Imus in the Morning" recently and was involved in the infamous flap
over putting a t-shirt on Paul Bunyan to welcome the I-Man to the
Queen City.  Dudman also owns soft rock WEZQ/Bangor (92.9 FM.)

Take care,

Chris