Re: WITS

Also, I think WITS signed on with those call letters which stood for

Weather
Information
Talk
Sports

So, I think the intent was to have a real mix of the 'spoken word'
format...

I also remember a stage when they were "News-Talk WITS".

I thought it was interesting when they carried the NBC newscasts
*before* the top of the hour.   They would bail out of the talk show at
about :54....run the NBC pre-feed newscast...so they could do local news
at the top of the hour.

Also, I remember some of the other newsfolk in town at the time
referring to them as:

                             "nit-WITS"

BM