Re: O+A land on 'NEW

In a message dated 98-06-16 13:09:28 EDT, steveord@xtdl.com writes:

<< I wonder if this means other changes are in the wind at WNEW.  O&A must be
 the only 'NEW-FM air staffers who weren't even alive when Woodstock
 happened...the rest of the air staff must have been in their 30s even then.
  Does this mean 'NEW-FM is finally making a real effort do ditch their
 "hippie station" image? >>

Some major changes are in the works there.  From what I've been able to
gather, station vet Pat St. John has been let go, and they will probably pull
a "Jerry Williams" on Scott Muni (banishing him to weekends)  CBS may be
evolving WNEW-FM into an alternative/AOR direction, since sister station WXRK
has been moving in a more AAF-style hard rock direction.  Just speculatin'....

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks