Re: News/Talk Feedback

Your comments jive 100% with mine. They are intelligent, and best of all,
based on reality.  But we part company on the next one:

>I often find the argument that "this medium or that medium" has gone down
hill
>and "isn’t what it used to be"  very amusing.  Does the majority public not
>get what it asks for?  Is there a reason Jerry Springer is now the most
>popular TV talk show host replacing Oprah in that role...>

We are fed that.  My family chooses not to watch Springer and his ilk.  We
don't choose what the networks ro any syndicators feed us; that decision is
based at corporate headquarters, where people meet to fulfill their own,
often sick, agendae.  If we are offered only junk, we who are too lazy to
turn the radio or TV off, are settling for less, and as they say, garbage
in...garbage out.

We live in an age where self-responsibility is a rare find; we blame
everyone else, instead of accedpting what WE must do, and then going out and
doing it.

At our home, we never considered Springer, Oprah, or any oter entertainer to
be anything but prostitutes who would do whatever it took to achieve
ratings.  I know that I've used a strong term, but it's a tough term that
many of us come under ourselves, whenever we sell out to anyone.

:) shel