Re: Costa / Haverhill Gazette / WCCM

John Bolduc wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I heard on a WCCM 800 Lawrence MA newscast last evening that the Costa
> owned Haverhill (MA) Gazette is going from a daily newspaper to a weekly
> newspaper next week. It was recommended that current subscribers accept a
> subscription to the Eagle Tribune in it's place. I know Costa owns a/some
> radio stations in the area. Does this follow the plan that was discussed
> somewhat this past autumn on this list. I think WCCM is one of the Costa
> stations??
>
> John

I knew that Pat Costa owned WHAV, WCCM and WNNW, but I didn't know he also
owned the
Gazette???  When did this happen?  Secondly, I thought he was in
partnership with the
Eagle Tribune (hence Costa/Eagle Communications)?  Does this spell the
demise of the
Haverhill Gazette (I know, not a radio question...sorry.)  Also, does this
mean that
Costa will possibly (slight grin) bring one or two of the stations back to
English to
create a Merrimack Valley Network of sorts?

Too many questions for just one post!

Marc Lemay