Re: Boston's Newsradio Void

>2) Given WBZ's impressive numbers I am surprised a competitor (who's left?)
>doesn't try to eat away at those numbers instead of chasing formats that
>don't work (read: don't produce double-digit numbers). [...]

But, as you said, "who's left?"  Which of the large radio groups, other
than CBS, even has their own news resources?  Only ABC, and I don't think
they do an all-news format anywhere.  I don't know of any other radio
group that has any sort of reputation for news.

- -Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu