Re: Boston's Newsradio Void

>I beg to differ regarding 24 hour news radio stations
>
>These are the most irrating formats to listen to. Weather
>every 10 minutes? It DOESN'T CHANGE THAT FAST! Traffic
>every 10 minutes i can stand...but weather?

The goal is to maximize quarter hours, to a great extent.  If you buy the
premise that listeners hop a lot, and when they land on you they want tx,
wx, etc., then you gotta give it.  What can annoy me is the hour opener when
you _know_ something big blew up but they have to stick with the c a d e n c
e , the weather update for the next t w o days, well, even for a formatics
freak like me, that can be annoying.

B i l l  O'Neill