Re: Boston's Newsradio Void

Dare I say "Ditto" to Henry. I have been saying this for years and I think
that everyone on this list, generalizing, and relatively speaking, agree with
you. I would wonder why the highest billing station in the tenth largest
market can't have one person on 24/7 to cover any important news? I mean,
let's be honest: Boston was virtually shutdown and someone should have said
something about it. I had both the TV and radio on because I had a busy day
planned on Saturday which all got washed away. I found that New England Cable
News (NECN) had the best coverage. While they kept repeating the same 15
seconds of videotape, they did give more than their fair share of coverage and
even had SmartRoutes warnings of which areas of the city were closed drown
(pun intended).

Maybe Jibguy can answer this best because I never heard that figure that
listenership had dropped 15%. Where was this published? Was it reflected in
lower ratings or in surveys? I am not questioning the validity of the
percentage, just wondering where it came from.

In a message dated 6/14/98 12:54:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, TVHD@aol.com