Re: Boston's Newsradio Void

> As familiar as I am with our [lack of] radio news service in a
> city the size of Boston, I was freshly aghast at the realization there
was
> absolutely nowhere on the AM or FM band to turn for
> useful information to aid me - along with perhaps hundreds of
> thousands of other radio listeners - in this immediate crisis.
Here in Lowell we had many streets under water,closed to traffic,even a
main road between Lowell and Lawrence closed by a mudslide!!!WLLH was
sticking with their time brokered Brazillian show in the 4PM hour,WCAP was
in their satellite talk mode.No local coverage here either!!!

> Boston Newsradio today must be declared in a "state of
> emergency". Greater Boston desperately needs a true
> purveyor of Newsradio...a 24-Hour News Service, perhaps
> along the lines of service provided by WEEI, some years ago.
I agree!!! I guess the days of local radio coverage in times of crisis are
by the boards!!         Mark Watson