Re: WRKO Follies: Williams, Carr, Leykis.

> Are you sure about this? I remember one of the radio rags doing a huge
piece
> on Leykis showing that he was beating Limboob in his first book. I
don't have
> the numbers in front of me, it was so long ago, but it was stated in
one of
> the trades.

I think what was happenning was the papers, and maybe the trades were
comparing the 'standard' dayparts on WHDH and WRKO.  In the 10-3 daypart
on WRKO the primary programming was Leykis....and on WHDH it was
Limbaugh.

WRKO's 10A-3P #'s DID beat WHDH mainly due to the trouncing of (awful)
"The Money Experts" on WHDH 10-12 with virtually NO audience.  And
Williams beating Limbaugh last hour (2-3).  (Limbaugh's last hour
usually lags in most markets.)

In the 12noon and 1PM hour, the only hours that Limbaugh and Leykis were
head-to-head, Limbaugh was ahead of Leykis both 12+ and 25-54.  (With,
BTW, is awfully good, because WHDH had virtually no listeners at the
time...besides on the morning show...)

There was some talk about this on rec.radio.broadcasting back when they
were head to head....and it went on until I extrapolated the two demo's
hour by hour and posted them.

But let's face it, they were both good at what they did...and if it was
anyone other than Limbaugh on WHDH, Leykis woulda had ALL the audience.