Re: Boston's Newsradio Void

A minor (very minor) caveat.... there's all *satellite* news being added
of late in many small markets, being used to fill AMs on automation
(just like One-One-One Sports does with some). That would, of course,
not help a bit in covering local news.

FM radio 1@aol.com writes:

> I doubt that you'll see a 24/7 news station in Boston, at least
> in the forseeable future.  The format is simply to expensive
> to run on a full time basis.  The stations that do it, like WINS
> & WCBS in New York, KYW in Philadelphia, and WTOP in
> Washington have been in the format for years and have built
> up heritage.  You simply do not hear of all news stations being
> started up anymore, especially all-local outlets.

- --
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law