Bud Ballou

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Shel Swartz wrote:

> Yes...he died many years ago, likely during his days at WVBF.

What a shame.  I remember him in 1971 emceeing an appearance by Buffalo
Bob Smith at Suffolk University.  A friend of mine who was a student there
got the tickets, and we went together.  This was one of the Buff's
earliest college appearances.  At the end, Buffalo Bob sang (to the tune
of the usually wordless refrain of the Howdy Doody theme), "Here's a
friend of Howdy-Doo, / And his name is Bud Ballou ..."

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/