Re: Urban Radio in Boston

> << And some might consider WJMN Urban...albeit Rythmic Urban...and a
12-24
>  demo. >>
>

> Um, I don't think so.  WJMN has much broader appeal than just 12 to 24
.

I'm afraid not much broader.....!!!

According to "The Research Director" audience/diary research company...

"the 'Primary Demo of a station = the age cells that comprise 60% of a
stations audience."

60% of the audience is 12-24...making it their "Primary Demo".

WJMN is the *youngest* skewing station in the Arbitron.

> The
> station has a 7 share (12+) and is the number one music station in
town.

Just goes to show you what "kids" can do for 12+ #'s, due to their
disporportionate listening.

The same goes for 55+, 65+...

Teens and elders are the biggest users of radio.........but advertisers
don't seem to embrace them as they once did when "12+" was the whole
ratings story...

Look at talk stations that may appear to be #1 12+, but then drop outa
the top ten when you include all adults.

WVBF, as a top 40 station had a 7 share back in 80(?)....  but they
changed format...cuz it was bottom heavy demographically.

WHTT is another example of a 7 share station that couldn't pay it's
bills.