Re: WBZ-TV timeline

you wrote--
> WBZ officially becomes a CBS affiliate."
>The big network swap happened on the morning of Monday, January 2, 1995,
>so something doesn't seem quite right here.  Did I just get a garbled
>transmission or is a clarification in order?

Probably a clarification is needed by moi.  I apologise for not being clear.
I took a portion from the Wall Street Journal which read basically:

[On 11/16/95], shareholders of CBS voted in favor of Westinghouse's
acquisition of CBS Inc.  On November 22nd, the Federal Communications
Commission approved the acquisition in a unanimous vote that completed the
approval process. The transaction closed on November 24th.

Perhaps the Boston Radio Archives' explanation, which I believe is from
Scott Fybush, is easier to understand, what with name changes, corporation
changes, etc.:

"On March 6th, 1995, WBZ dropped CNBC business news in favor of ABC and
BusinessWeek's product; this change allowed the station to pick up CBS Radio
while keeping the long-standing ABC Information affiliation, making it one
of the only stations to be affiliated with both ABC and CBS.
The CBS affiliation had previously been on WEEI 850 and before that WEEI 590
Later that year, Westinghouse purchased CBS outright, and abandoned the old
"Group W" moniker to operate all of its stations under the CBS banner. (WBZ
remains an ABC Information affiliate in addition to CBS, and as of this
writing continues to broadcast the ABC-I network newscast rather than CBS's.)"

I hope that clarifies it.