Re: Not-A-Dr. Laura

At 11:15 AM 6/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
><<On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 01:01:04 EDT, ASchinella@aol.com said:
>
>> delay (is it true that she isn't a Doctor? I never heard that...)
>
>Dr. Laura Schlessinger is indeed a Doctor -- of Philosophy (i.e.,
>Ph.D.) -- but not of medicine or psychiatry or any other field which
>might be remotely relevant to what she does on the radio.

I think that's wrong, Garrett. As I understand it, she does have a PhD and
another degree in counseling. That doesn't make her a physician or a
psychologist, but counseling _is_ related to what she does on the radio.
Now, what kind of educational institution grants degrees in counseling (but
not in psychology) is another matter. It may be the sort of place that
advertises on the inside of matchbook covers.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205