Howie (was Re: Boston Radio Watch 05-22-1998)

At 11:43 AM 6/7/98 -0400, Steve & Barb Sawyer wrote:

>I am definitely *not* left of center, rather tend to be conservative in my
>beliefs.  Howie is not, in my opinion, a good talk host.  I find that most of
>the time he spends more time cutting down both listeners who call in and the
>persons he decides to target for that day.   The "Chump Line" has to be
one of
>the most rude things I've ever heard.  How unprofessional!

I've always considered it a cardinal rule of talk radio (or music radio,
either for that matter) is that you NEVER put down your audience.  Most any
one else is fair game to be made fun of, but it seems to me that putting
down your audience is a sure-fire way to ensure you don't have one for long.