Re: Good-bye, ARS....

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998 ASchinella@aol.com wrote:

> The phone operator at WRKO answers the phone "CBS Radio."

I got slightly misinformed by one of the CBS' pr people this morning.
Since I posted my original e-mail earlier today, I was corrected by a
couple of now-former ARS employees : It turns out all 4 'spinoffs'
*remain* in the CBS Radio Group and report to "independent/3rd party
communication attorney in Washington,DC". Only WNFT  stays in the "trust".
CBS has 6 months to uload WEEI/WRKO/WAAF/WEGQ.

It's certainly temporary, but technically-speaking CBS currently owns *9*
stations in Boston...Whoa!

- -M