Re: infomercials on WKXL?

In a message dated 6/2/98 9:53:29 PM, EricNH@webtv.net wrote:

<<Has anyone heard the "Wade Cook" show on WKXL,1450/102.3 Concord,NH? Mr.
Cook seems to be pitching books and tapes of investment "advice". I've
heard it 3-4 different times,as well as a promo sked for it. This
appears to be brokered time,and if it is..isn't there a disclosure law
that says commercial time must be identified as such when it's not
obvious? WBZ and WCBS air such disclaimers before some spots,and WCCM
aired them in English and Spanish before a Spanish religious show
latenights.Just wondering...>>

No, there is no such law for this.  Let's give WKXL a break here.  You can't
knock them for getting a little extra income, plus that type of programming
meets alot of their listeners' demos.  They do a remarkable job of covering
Concord news, events and especially sports.  I know I work at WFTN-FM, but I
also work as a coach for the Concord High Varsity Baseball team, and they are
covering our game tonight for live broadcast.  This is truly one example of
the fine work they do for the community of Concord.

Gary Ford