Re: LA's all-traffic station

The Middletown, CT, station that is now WMRD -- WCMX or WCNX; I had a
mental block then and still do now -- tried all-traffic for a few months
in the early '90s.

It was boring, amateurish and 90 percent useless: Central Connecticut
has about 2 1-2 hours of traffic congestion a day. The rest of the day
it was "Joe: No problems on 84 in Waterbury; now let's go to John with
the I-91 update ... John: Traffic's moving along on 91 in Rocky Hill.
Sue, how does Route 9 look?"

Has this format ever had any longevity anywhere?

Howard